Save that extra pickle juice!
I always thought it was a shame to throw out all that extra pickle juice. So when someone posted in a Facebook group about other uses for pickle juice, I took notice. And then did a little more research.
An old roommate of mine had mixed in pickle juice in mash potatoes and it was yummy.
My husband drinks it right out of the jar.
I have not tested most of these and have no idea if they
30+ Ways To Use Up Extra Pickle Juice
- Brine chicken, marinate chicken breast in it, chicken wings, pork chops
- Drinking pickle juice apparently helps with muscle cramps
- Toss a couple hardboiled eggs in it to make pickled eggs
- Make more pickles by adding cut cucumber to the juice – sit for a week or so (fridge pickles) Tip: Add hot sauce for a kick
- Cure heartburn – The vinegar neutralizes the acid
- Tuna fish sandwich, egg salad sandwiches, pasta salad, potato salad, coleslaw, or mash potatoes two tablespoons – don’t want it soggy (sweet pickle juice and mayo for coleslaw)
- Bake with it. – Rye bread, savory muffins, dill buttermilk biscuit, pickle bread
- Pickle popsicles – Pour into popsicle molds pickle suckle
- Season ground beef for hamburgers
- Clean grill plates
- Hangover cure – Drink it to help with headaches
- Add it to a Ceaser drink, bloody mary’s, pickle backs – (whiskey and pickle juice chaser) (fire cider) (tequila)
- Put it in cornbread salad
- Freeze in an icecube tray and use on sunburns
- Make Pickle soup. This one looks good.
- Tenderize meat – Cook a roast in a crockpot with it
- Replace regular vinegar with pickle juice in salad dressings (ranch dressing) (thousand island dressing)
- Drink it to help with period cramps
- Use it in your next tarter sauce recipe
- Drink it to help with nausea and morning sickness
- Mix 50/50 with ketchup and brush on your favorite meatloaf recipe as a glaze
- Drink it to gets rid of hiccups
- Add it to soups – Apparently, it’s good in chicken noodle soups
- Instead of vinegar, drizzle on your french fries
- Rinse a can of chickpeas and marinate them in pickle juice
- Help with getting hard water rings off the toilet and tub – don’t use bleach, just add a bit of baking soda.
- Use with cream cheese and diced pickles for a pickle dip
- Mix sweet pickle juice and brown sugar for on top of your ham
- Make homemade bbq sauce with it
- Dandelion killer
- Instead of lemon juice on fish, you can use pickle juice. Already has dill in it anyways right?
- Dip for a grilled cheese sandwich
- Water hibiscus with it
- Homemade dill pickle chips
- Make kombucha
- Use on ramen noodles
- Clean jewelry – cleans brass
- Helps with a sore throat
Let me know in the comments below if you have tried any of these!