You’re here because you want to improve yourself? Maybe even love yourself a little more. Am I right? Self-love is a powerful thing. It’s the foundation of all other types of love, and it’s something we should all work on every day. I put together a little list of 25 self love questions for you to ask yourself in order to get on the self love train.
Everyone deserves to love themselves, but it can be hard. There are no wrong answers, and all of these questions are designed to make you feel better about yourself in the process! It’s time for some self-love! Grab a notebook or journal, and let’s dive in together. What do you need? Be honest with yourself; it will make all the difference. But first, what is self love?
What is self love?
Self love is about taking care of your body and mind. It’s about acknowledging all the good things you have, even if they’re small. You deserve self-love because it will help you in life in every way possible.
Self-love is the practice of being kind to yourself, accepting your flaws and loving who you are. You should be kind to yourself and forgive yourself when you make mistakes. It’s about learning to appreciate all that makes you unique. Sometimes, when we don’t have a healthy relationship with ourselves, it can be hard to feel happy or confident in our own skin. But when we learn how to love ourselves, life becomes so much easier!
Self-love is about respecting your body and soul. You don’t judge or criticize yourself, but instead, appreciate all that makes up who you are as a person. And when it comes to your physical appearance, self-love means accepting yourself for who you are right now – not wishing for something different or trying to be someone else.
What is self love not?
Self love is not just another New Year’s resolution that you do for a month and forget about. It’s not about being selfish or narcissistic. Self love is about taking care of yourself and doing what you need to do to be happy, healthy, and fulfilled. You can only give your best when you feel good in your own skin. That means loving yourself unconditionally – flaws and all! And it also means surrounding yourself with people who support you on this journey.
It’s not about being perfect; it’s about making progress. It’s about self acceptance and celebrating that. And most importantly, self-love isn’t just something you do on the weekends – it’s something you practice every day of your life.
How to practice self love?
We all have days, even weeks, when we feel down on ourselves or don’t like what we see in the mirror. But self-love isn’t about changing who you are – it’s about accepting who you are and loving yourself unconditionally. And once you start doing that, everything else will fall into place by itself. So let’s get started on what self love means to you!
You can start by discovering what self-love really means to you and how it works in your life. When we practice self-love, we feel good about ourselves because we know our bodies deserve care and attention. We also have more confidence in ourselves because we believe in our abilities and value what makes us unique from others.
Here are some tips for practicing self-love every day
- Try some simple exercises like writing down five things you appreciate about yourself in a journal and or practicing gratitude for 30 minutes each morning before getting out of bed.
- Fuel your body with healthy, nourishing food—the food you put in your body matters. The goal is to find a healthy and stainable balance that works for your lifestyle.
- Move your body every day. This doesn’t mean that you have to join the gym, It can be as simple as take a quick walk at lunch or some quick yoga stretches before bed.
- Practice self compassion. Allow yourself to make mistakes. Learn and grow from them.
- Stop comparing yourself. Don’t fall into the comparison trap. Celebrate that you are you and uniquely different from everyone else. Love your uniqueness.
Just remember that the most important part is showing up every day and doing something—even if it seems small at first—to show yourself some extra TLC., and don’t forget to have fun while you’re at it! This isn’t a chore. This is an opportunity for growth and happiness, so enjoy the journey as much as possible along the way!
25 self love questions to ask yourself
- What does self love mean to you?
- How do you show yourself some self-love?
- What are some ways you can practice self-love on a daily basis?
- What do you like about yourself and why?
- What are you most confident about? What are your strongest skills?
- What do you most dislike about yourself and why?
- Are the things you dislike about yourself really true? Or do you just believe that they are true?
- What limiting beliefs do you have that are holding you back from loving yourself more?
- How do you feel loved by others? How do you show love to others?
- What does happiness mean to me? How can I add more happiness to my life?
- What inspires me?
- How can you be more compassionate to yourself?
- Next time you make a mistake or have a negative thought about yourself, what could you say to yourself that would show empathy?
- How does practicing self love feel to you?
- What are some self love affirmations that you could say to yourself?
- Do you think there is such thing as too much self-love or not enough of it?
- Why do you think self love is important? What value could self love have in your life if you practiced it every day?
- How do you think your life would change if you practiced self love?
- How do you think your personal relationships would change if you practiced self love?
- What are your thoughts on how society views the idea of “self-love”?
- Do you think self love is selfish? Why or why not.
- If everyone loved themselves more, what would that world look like in your opinion?
- Why should we be more accepting of ourselves as people, even if we don’t like all aspects of our lives or personalities?
- What makes a person beautiful to themselves and others?
- If you were to teach someone about self love, what would you say? What self love tips would you give someone.
20 Self Love Affirmations
- I love myself
- I deserve self-love
- I am enough
- I am blessed
- I believe in myself and my abilities
- I am my own best friend
- I deserve self-compassion
- I deserve self-respect
- I value my thoughts, feelings, and needs
- I am beautiful
- I accept myself just the way I am
- I am grateful for who I am
- I forgive myself for ………
- I am safe
- I accept myself for who I am
- I accept myself unconditionally
- I am open to change
- I love myself, so I can love others better
- I am a better friend to others because I love and accept myself.
- I am confident, strong and self aware
- I am kind to myself
- I hold myself to the standard of grace, not perfection (Found this on Pinterest, I don’t know who said it. But I love it!)
- I am worthy of my dreams and goals